Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

THE STORM OF LOVE

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusts in thee. Isaiah 26:3

Crash of tempest, roll of thunder,
lightning flash from pole to pole,
But the storm of love is stronger,
brighter flashes in the soul,
While the peace of Christ the Bridegroom
holds you still and keeps you whole.
From the Breviary

"The storm of love." What a unique and provocative expression. A love-storm that is stronger than any man made or hell made storm. Stronger than a divorce storm or a cancer storm. More powerful than a job loss storm or bereavement storm. More penetrating than a loneliness storm. A love-storm that blows the painful doors down and the windows of Heaven open. A fierce hurricane of Father-God, Kinsman-Redeemer, Comforter Has Come, LOVE. And it is ours!

Here He comes, walking on the wings of the wind of just that very love-storm. Doubt, fear, pain, loneliness, confusion are no match for pure God breathed love. This hurricane leaves you whole. A Category 5, You-Belong-To-Him, love-storm.

Psalm 27

The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?...Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.


"The peace of Christ, my Bridegroom, holds me still and keeps me whole!"





No comments:

Post a Comment