Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

My Heart Is Fixed On You

We were making a meal together yesterday. We needed an egg. I cracked the shell, kept it and threw the egg itself down the disposal. Can you spell senior moment? I was distracted...most of the day...honestly, most of my life. Aren't we all?

Bill worries, kid worries, health worries, parent worries, church worries. Pick up the dry cleaning, service the car, go to the bank, get your teeth cleaned, walk the dog, help with homework, pack lunches, split the atom, apologize to someone you offended, pray...the list is endless.

I confess to writing notes to remember. I write them in a notebook, in the computer, in Outlook, in Yahoo, on my hand in ink. Still I forget some things. I feel like life is happening to me and I am not being as intentional and purposeful as I was meant to be. I want to be a solid and substantial soul. I want spiritual weight. I need spiritual encouragement. I need to be anchored in Christ and know it to my core.

I need that One who "lifts the weary out of the dust," The One who, "Sets my feet upon a Rock," The One who says of any sickness or sadness, "I Will" in response to a petition for relief. I need The One. Just Him. Always Him. Forever Him. Him now. Him in the Future. Him. I want Him to know He has me like that also.

We have such a future in Christ and that future is a second away from us. I may forget where my keys are and I may forget the egg goes in the recipe and not down the drain but "I know my Redeemer lives..."

I know He is returning for us and that I need to live as if I knew it. So I will fix my heart and mind on the things above and whatever I have to do today I will offer it to Him. Even the turning on of the disposal. Everything is for Him. For the One who is coming back for us, Forever.

I will encourage myself and encourage you with the word the Word says was made for the job:

At the signal given by the voice of the Archangel and the trumpet of God, the Lord himself will come down from heaven; those who have died in Christ will be the first to rise, and only after that shall we who remain alive be taken up into the clouds, together with them, to meet the Lord in the air. This is the way we shall be with the Lord for ever. With such thoughts as these, then, you should encourage one another.
I Thessalonians 4:16-18


“O GOD, my heart is fixed (steadfast, in the confidence of faith); I will sing, yes, I will sing praises, even with my glory [all the faculties and powers of one created in Your image]!”
(Psalm 108:1 Amplified)

k

No comments:

Post a Comment