Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Warm Hours

Psalm 90:12 (Amplified Bible)So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom.

Psalm 90:12 is my prayer for the rest of our lives on Earth. Each year has its tragedies and triumphs, its "gold, hay and stubble" but every moment good or bad we are on the clock and there are no time outs.

When the psalmist refers to our days, he uses the word yowm (yome) meaning our warm hours. Our days under the sun vs under the ground. The days when work can be done. Those spring and summer hours when it is time to purchase a field, time to plant and time to till, time to see green things pop through the soil. Our warm days are these days. It is now, the present, this moment.

Our warm days are the days of our resolve, our determination, our execution of the will of God in our lives. They are our energy days. Our forward motion days. Our days of AHHHHH!

I have been with many people when they left this life. The body cools quickly. I confess there have been times that, also in this life, I have felt that same cooling in my prayer life, my thought life, my real life. There have been seasons when winter came early.

I realize that all the seasons are needed for growth. I am not referring to the cycle of life where the cold times concentrate energy. I am referring to our premature death and the interment of our God given dreams long before the clock has run out. Our gifts left unopened.

When Christ rose, Spring came, and all the promise of life and success and energy came with Him to name only a few. We are living in the days of His Resurrection and our thought life, our prayer life, our actual life needs to reflect that fact.

I am going for God-gold. The Holy Spirit will reveal to me where to mine, where to pan, where to look, what to invest and with whom to partner. One day it will all be to late for such activity but if you are breathing air as I am, then that day is not today! If you are breathing and reading this blog then today is a Warm Day and a wise heart will know it.

Psalm 90:12 (The Message)
12-17 Oh! Teach us to live well!
Teach us to live wisely and well!
Come back, God—how long do we have to wait?—
and treat your servants with kindness...
Surprise us with love at daybreak;
then we'll skip and dance all the day long.
Make up for the bad times with some good times;
we've seen enough evil to last a lifetime.
Let your servants see what you're best at—
the ways you rule and bless your children.
And let the loveliness of our Lord, our God, rest on us,
confirming the work that we do.
Oh, yes. Affirm the work that we do!

I wish all of you fair weather and blue skies and an umbrella of hope for the rainy days. I wish you all the energy of the Resurrection that birthed the Church and put the Bride in her gown. I pray for warm hours for all of us. Wind your watch. You are on the clock and in the game. The bench is gone. We have chopped it up and made it a casket for our failures!
-Kat

(Bravo to Rebecca Jeter and Kelly Ross for a good run!)


Be inspired:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/secondact-20246210/losing-100-pounds-becoming-a-figure-skater-27846137.html

No comments:

Post a Comment