Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stopping By Me

Peace has been stripped away,
and I have forgotten what prosperity is.
I cry out, “My splendor is gone!
Everything I had hoped for from the Lord is lost!”

The thought of my suffering
is bitter beyond words.
I will never forget this awful time,
as I grieve over my loss.
Yet I still dare to hope
when I remember this:

The faithful love of the Lord never ends!
His mercies never cease.

Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”

The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
(Lamentations)


Our Father's embrace
is always ready.
His heart open.
His paternity established
by a blood test.
There is no water
so bitter
His encouragement cannot sweeten.
There is not a day
nor a moment of this life
that His arms cannot enfold.
There is a hug and a mercy
just made for us today.
Faithful fresh mercy-manna
from God who is
everything,
a sacrificial parent,
a planner,
a searcher
a friend,
a lover,
a protector.
Our peace
when we are
stripped naked
of worldly peace.
The hope we dare for.
The one we trust.
The restorer
of our beauty.
Healer.
I see Him
this way
today.
Love passing by-
stopping by-
me.

(For The Berry)

"Replenished" Pink Geranium in my garden-kl

No comments:

Post a Comment