Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Wish

Before I was born the LORD called me; inside my mother He spoke my name. (Isaiah 49:1)

The Wish

Large life from tiny egg
calls, "Here am I,"
and turns attention to Creator,
speaking such words as summon
His unquenchable favor.

“What thoughts You had of me
before I knew, or turned
inside my mother once around!
Such un-silent thoughts
through days yet to be found;

Grace and favor all alight as candles,
spread bright in celebration
of now and future time.
If these candles be mine
then You are my every wish.”

by K. Cavanaugh-LaMantia


To my sister, Kelly, Poor Pitiful Pearl all grown up into Dr. Doolittle meets Irma Bombeck. Kelly of the Good and Faithful Heart, who has been a warrior for our family these past few months.

May her birthday make her happy to her bones.
May her year be rich in joy but poor in sorrow.
May her works praise her and her fruit remain.

All the days ordained for me
were written in your book
before one of them came to be.
(Psalm 139:16)



With love and gratitude,
Kathy


(A Promise of Wings, Colored pencil and ink birthday doodle.)

No comments:

Post a Comment