Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Being Splendor For Him

The voice of the LORD is a voice of splendor.
Psalm 29


The scriptures serve up an abundance of rich imagery concerning God's voice. It thunders over the waters, breaks the cedars, is full of majesty. Yet it can make itself hushed, a faint whisper, the wing of a bird in flight just moving the air.

God's voice, meaning His Presence, walked in Eden in the cool of the day. (Genesis 3:8) I am listening for His walking voice. A shared-secrets voice between friends. His hand-in-hand voice that is mine in the moment. A voice with a pitch and a softness I recognize as His Kathy-Voice.

(He is waiting for me to lay down all the clutter and walk out with Him.)

His voice awakens things in heart and soul. The storied dream-rousing voice that pulls back the bed curtains and there is My Love.

I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me...Songs 5:2

(He is waiting for me to lay down all the clutter and let Him in.)

God has been
teaching me to look,
to listen.
The splendor of His voice
infilling, thrilling
the wonder-gasping places
that crave mystery.
In a whisper
urging my heart,
all tight bud, to waken,
to open petals releasing
fragrance filled
with splendor-
His.

I yield Will to Spirit
thus He reclaims my
rebellious senses.
Seeing, hearing,
smelling, tasting,
touching, feeling,
balance, all captivated.
"Prisoners" emancipated by splendor.
Hand-in-hand
footprints on the damp grass.
Keys surrendered.
Doors inviting.
Wisdom's fragrance
dripping life,
dripping color.
Seeing open-hearted,
all unlocked.
Being splendor for Him.
Leaning in,
listening surrendered.

K.Cavanaugh-LaMantia
On A Laying-Down Day







No comments:

Post a Comment