Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Nests

I bought myself a birthday present. I always buy something for myself. This year it was a book called Nests. Bird nests fascinate me and are a favorite element in my drawings. To me they are a solid reminder of hope.

Once I watched a small bird laboring over many hours to construct a lovely nursery only to have the wind knock it from its branch and smash her hopes flat out on our driveway. She rebuilt that nest three times before it knew one egg.

Sometimes I have felt that I was that nest and The Lord that bird. So many different experiences and gifts woven together to produce a fruitful place, but the driveway...

The determination, perseverance and patience God seeded into that bird came from His own character. The do-over is done with as much engineering skill and pride as the original attempt. Something good will live here. Build it again and again and again. Nothing will be wasted. It will be wonderful.

My heart is a nest He builds on a Kingdom branch. Life is here. The number of years I have racked up are less about age and more a suggested cruising speed. God is thinking Kathy thoughts. I can feel them!

My life is full of His blessing and provision. He has been generous beyond measure and my heart is grateful. Thank you, Lord, for making me and for making me yours. Thank you for friends and family (I count John twice), co-workers, good bosses, health and hope and for your Holy Spirit. Your gifts are beyond my ability to number them.

Many, O LORD my God, are your wonderful works and your thoughts which are toward us...they are more than can be counted. Psalm 40

David said it all: I saw God before me for all time. Nothing can shake me; he's right by my side. I'm glad from the inside out, ecstatic; I've pitched my tent in the land of hope... You've got my feet on the life-path, with your face shining sun-joy all around. Acts Chapter 2


The available branches outnumber the driveways in our lives.
Keep building, God! Good things will live in us!

******************************************************************
I have beheld many beautifully fashioned nests among members of my family, friends and co-workers. People who allowed themselves to be simply, some extravagantly, re- engineered in response to divorce, death, illness and disappointment. You leave me breathless and inspired. You know who you are. Beautiful. kl

http://www.insight.org/library/insight-for-today/walk-by-faith.html

How to paint a bird nest:

http://roxannetheartist.blogspot.com/2009/05/tuesday-tutorial-painting-bird-nest-101.html

http://karlascottage.typepad.com/karlascottage/2009/02/nesting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment