Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Countdown by Kim Lorentzen

Counting down the last eight minutes -
Babies tucked into bed, asleep
Dough tucked into the bowl, rising
Seven minutes now...

Good Friday is over
and we've remembered our Hero
who did the greatest thing ever done.
Saturday has passed
and I thought about that procession He led out of captivity right to His Father:
Abraham, Isaac, Jacob...Moses and Aaron...Joseph...Rahab...David! Oh, David, you must have danced on that day!

And now, four minutes to Sunday.
I'm watching the clock.
I stayed up for this.
Three minutes now!
My eyes are wet (I'm a crier, alas).
Two minutes!
My thoughts drift off toward tomorrow's celebration.
One minute to go!
Sunday! Resurrection Sunday is here! I love Resurrection Sunday!

THANK YOU, JESUS!

I would shout and jump if it weren't for sleeping babies and downstairs neighbors.
But my insides are having a party!


Christ is risen from the dead
We are one with Him again
Come away, come awake
Come and rise up from the dead!
(Matt Maher)

No comments:

Post a Comment