Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

To Sherry Standing

Refuse to fall down.
If you cannot refuse to fall down,
refuse to stay down.
If you cannot refuse to stay down
lift your heart toward heaven
and like a hungry beggar,
ask that it be filled,
and it will be filled.
You may be pushed down.
You may be kept from rising.
But no one can keep you from lifting
your heart toward heaven — only you.












It is in the middle of misery that
so much becomes clear.
The one who says nothing good came of this,
is not yet listening.

A prayer by Clarissa Pinkola Estés

I read this tonight and thought of my sister, Sherry, recovering from a motorcycle accident. Faith in a walker is still faith and recovery is a process of baby steps taken by that same faith.

Keep listening, Sher. His goodness is knitting you back together.

Bring joy to your servant for to you I lift up my soul. Psalms 86:4

2 comments:

  1. Isaiah 58:8 "Then your light will break forth like the dawn,and your healing will quickly appear;then your righteousness[a] will go before you,and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry Cavanaugh wrote:
    Wanted to share some news..in rehab they gave me a cane..I took five steps and they took my cane away and said.."walk"...Nervously, I did..and walked thru the entire PT and OT bldg with no assistance..first time I walked since July seventh...God is amazing..just wanted to share the moment. Still on walker for a while but closer to putting it away for good..yah!

    ReplyDelete