Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Year Is Mine!

What are we waiting for? In deep winter surrounded by frozen fog it is easy to hunker down and slow down like those tiny frogs that bury themselves in the ground, their metabolism at near zero, waiting for the world to warm.


Why wait? Inside of us lives One who invented fire! He is the very element used to baptize us into a life of astonishing light and heat. At the beginning of the year a few years back I wrote something out I have declared each year since. It becomes more real every time I say it. Every time I dare to declare it.

Dare it:

The year is mine. I do not sleep. The eternal vaporous mystery that is my soul is refreshingly awake and expectant every moment, vigilant, aware of spiritual energies around me calling to me to embrace them and to feel His presence filling the high and low places, the hills and the valleys where my soul plays...and waits.

The year is mine. I take it and break it as bread. The year is ours. Everything belongs to us. All power, comfort* and success. Our soul knows this well and debates with our face to reflect a knowledge that He has given us everything we need to be whole, complete, to know the year is ours.

The sad songs were for other less better years. Those years were for them. The ones who instigated our sadness and now have no part in our joy. Hell can only look and never belong to anything tuned to the melody of Heaven.

The year is ours. If there were soul tattoos you would see it inked in blazing color across my soul's forehead. The year is ours if we say so because He has already said so and so and forever, incontrovertibly so!

The year is MINE!
God is MINE!
MINE MINE MINE!

kl

(LORD, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing. You guard all that is mine. Psalm 16:5)

*as in the God of all comfort

No comments:

Post a Comment