Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Chosen


You didn’t choose me, remember; I chose you, and put you in the world to bear fruit, fruit that won’t spoil...John 15:16 (MSG)

There are several scriptures that come to mind that identify us as "Chosen". Picked. Planned for. Desired. That's us. Some days that is a hard sell when it feels as if  "life" is sending us to a school that preaches another gospel. A harder one to bear. One that has designed a curriculum around our flaws, our mistakes and our inadequacies. Not Good Enough U. Read that as Not Good Enough YOU! There we are not picked but picked over.  

Time we were done with that.  

"I chose you." God said so. The God who can't, won't, never did, never will lie. The Almighty One said it and had it written down. This is important. You have to get this to graduate.

You have been chosen to be fruitful and unspoiled.

The rest of that beautiful promise unfolds gloriously: ...whatever you ask the Father in relation to me, He gives you. John 15:16 (MSG)

I read an encouragement by Sister Suzanne Mayer who asked the question,"When life seems not to choose you how do you choose it?"

She looks at the life of van Gogh, sad as it was in many ways but who persevered to create works of enduring beauty. Even in pain he set up his easel every day and mixed his paints. He claimed, "For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."

van Gogh is an imperfect example but her point is well taken. God has chosen us. Every day we have a chance to choose life- a life in Him. A life of unspoiled fruit even in a spoiled world. Every day we can set up the canvas and mix our paints and ask the Father for the inspiration to birth Glory. Jesus says the Father will answer.

The Creator chose us and put us in the world. All the stars in His universe are not found only in the heavens. I have met some of the brightest and most beautiful right here on earth. Stars who sing. (No matter what.) Stars who dream. (No matter what.) Chosen Ones.

 
We are His starry night.

Let's mix some paint.

-kl


 http://www.flickr.com/photos/ironrodart/6102931366/

1 comment:

  1. When at times I wonder why, ""I chose you." God said so. The God who can't, won't, never did, never will lie. The Almighty One said it and had it written down. This is important. You have to get this to graduate." I hope someday I get my diploma! Thanks, Kat - R

    ReplyDelete