Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Light On The Music

                    "I"
I wanted to be a trumpet
split the air with a piercing cry
I wanted to be a tympani
calling thunder from the sky
I wanted to be a cello
with a song so sweet you'd sigh
None of those apply-
I was the light on the music.

-by Kat Cavanaugh LaMantia

Forty years. A full biblical generation. The length of the trek in the wilderness. Forty. A number Heaven takes seriously. Forty. The number of my married years. Forty winters and forty springs. Buds and frosts, rocks and rivers, desert seasons and lands of promise. Forty years of a God-partnership.

My answer is still yes.

Forty years of unpacking a saved up love. Forty years of kisses gentle and fierce. Forty years of a house filled with music and small gifts on pillows. Forty years of soft looks across a room. Forty years of prayers and tears and celebrations when the African violets bloom.

My answer is still yes.

Forty years of dreams. Forty years of reality. Forty years of love made of steel and rose petals. Forty years of prayers of desperation and gratitude and thanksgiving. Forty years of tracing your face with my fingers, of binding my life soul-to-soul to one person. Forty years of grace. Forty years of mercy. Forty years and a wish for forty more.

My answer is still yes.

Happy, Blessed 40th Anniversary to my husband and friend of a lifetime.  I am the light on your music as you are the light on mine. You have a soundness as a husband that shelters me. 

My answer will always be yes!

Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. Songs 8:7 

"The book of love has music in it. In fact that's where music comes from..." -Peter Gabriel

Theme from Our Town by Aaron Copeland, the first record John bought for me. It became and remains our song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97NPTnHy55E




3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to a love story that has earned its place among the great ones! -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. Songs 8:7 So blessed to share the same anniversary with you. Love you both! -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a good posting. What good thoughts. "Light on the music" is an original and accurate way to put what we do for our loved ones.- Tasha P. from Denver

    ReplyDelete