Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

An Early Summer

Tell me where May hides- tell me when long light arrives
when bees turn humming into honey

When will the finches dance on thistle tops
and woodpeckers peck lunch from poles?

Tell me when winter will be admonished
and bashful seeds will grow brave- bursting goodness

Tell my heart when it will swell and fill with life again
and hunt for the eggs of unhatched songs

Tell me when grass will cover grief and stretch as carpet
for tender feet with just a memory of running

Tell me when the Glory will pass by to full-wake the world and I

An Early Summer
(For a friend with Summer in her future)

by Kat Cavanaugh LaMantia
The Lord's unfailing love and mercy still continue,
Fresh as the morning, as sure as the sunrise...
Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment