Pages

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Star Mother

Only chance made me come and find
my hen, stepping from her hidden
nest, in our kitchen garden.

In her clever secret place, her tenth
egg, still warm, had just been dropped.

Not sure of what to do, I picked up
every egg, counting them, then put them
down again. All were mine...
I blinked, I saw:
a mighty nest full of stars.

Excerpted from A Nest Full of Stars
by James Berry


Jesus was born and bundled up and put in a straw bed to keep warm.
So He came to nest with us like all the birds He once designed.
Straw sticking out of a manger and the King of Creation on top. Amazing.

Mary looked into the straw. Joseph looked and all the shepherds. What did they see? A baby? A poor child? The Father of the Stars?

The world sometimes looks into our nest and sells her contents short but Heaven looks and sees a mighty nest of stars and a mother who can spin straw into gold.



Proverbs 31:29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

2 comments:

  1. This is what I cling to as a mother - that what God sees (and shows me) about my children is all that really matters and all I really need to know about them. I loved this post. -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes all our children really need is a lot of love and shove in the right direction! I wish I could always keep them safe in "my nest".
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete