Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Woman Of Valor

A year older
A year stronger
Mercy triumphs
Health indued
What her hand holds
It shall prosper
In the strength
Of Christ renewed
-kl

Today is the birthday of a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer and has had surgery, complications and restorations. As a nurse I understand it from the clinical side but my friend has a wisdom hard won from looking cancer in the face, while holding tightly to the promises of God and saying like Jacob said to the angel he wrestled, "I will not let thee go, except thou bless me."

She girds her loins in strength, and makes her arms strong.
Proverbs 31


It seems to me that with Kelly, cancer was something she met and overcame along the way. Cancer was never the road itself. For my brave friend Jesus was The Way long before her diagnosis. He was her life experience, her journey, the high road of her travels and He remains so today.

I applaud her walk and her victory. I salute the evidence of grace in her life. Happy Birthday, Kelly, Eshet Chayil (Woman of Valor).

God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her at the dawn of the morning. Psalm 46:5 (DBT)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Happy Birthday, Kelly! A stranger is celebrating your life because you're a Woman of Valor and because of Jesus-The-Way.

    ReplyDelete