Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

The Burning Ones

In the center, around the throne, were four living creatures...Day and night they never stop saying: Holy, holy, holy is the LORD God Almighty...(Revelations 4)

Meet the Seraphim. The ones who burn and kindle praise fire.

In Isaiah 6 they cry out: Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty, the whole earth is full of His Glory. Isaiah observed that at the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.

The response to their utterance is high-praise. Personal thrones are abandoned and hard won crowns are cast at His feet. Everything is surrendered to Christ the All Deserving One. This praise is so powerful it vibrates what is foundational.

Looking forward to a new year in 2011 I have focused in on this. I want a praise that abandons all my personal agendas. A worship that throws it all at the feet of Jesus the Worthy One. A call to Glory that shakes my foundations and vibrates throughout the next year. A "Holy, holy, holy," that informs all my waking moments, all my decisions, all my finances, all my plans and personal relationships. I want to be a "Burning One."

Surrender is a powerful incendiary.

"All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.

All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!"

Let us completely and unconditionally surrender the year ahead to Christ. Let that altar fire burn in our hearts and upon our lips. Let us have a Holy, Holy, Holy 2011. May we be consumed as never before. May we each become one of His "Burning Ones" losing ourselves in His Glory.

May the Bride said "Yes!"

No comments:

Post a Comment