Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

On Thanksgiving Day


 














This has been a busy week for our family. The Thanksgiving service at the Mission followed by the dinner served to our homeless neighbors, plans for our son's soon graduation, the homeless ladie's Christmas Tea coming up next week and yesterday- my mother's passing. Busy and hard. Bitter and sweet. The cares of this life and the freedom of the next. Jesus every moment. The Friend Who Sticks.

I am sitting in my brocade chair with a tummy full of Chinese take out. (Shades of A Christmas Story). I am remembering who Christ has become to me over all these years since my soul was invited in off the street and found a home in Him. Heaven may have a word to describe that heart-melding but just now words fail me for the wonder of it.

As I read over an older post from Thanksgiving a few years ago, just for the comfort of it, I was filled with such a sense of His endless, boundless, simple goodness in loving me. He loves you that same way.

Here is dessert on this Thanksgiving Day. May your heart overflow. Follow the link below.

-kl 

http://iamcallingshotgun.blogspot.com/2011/11/his-sea-bed-is-love-without-end.html


3 comments:

  1. Oh, this dessert is the best kind! My heart IS overflowing. Thank you. -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your mother's passing. It's hard to come up with words sometimes; but I too, am so thankful for the love of God shown to us through His Son, Jesus our Savior. Love & prayers, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind though and encouragement. -kl

      Delete